Welcome to Hickory Island Services - Preserving Florida's Southern Spirit
    Dr. Andrew Elton Hodges from  Georgia, built a Summer home on Hickory Island, named for a single large hickory tree among the pines, cedars and palms.   The home later belonged to Mr. and Mrs. Dewey Allen of Inglis and is currently owned by Mr. Andrew Patrick Tate. 
  •  At the shore are the remnants of a seawall of hand-cut stone blocks constructed by slave labor in 1855.  
  • On the south edge of the island is the Bonita Club, a private fishing club formed in the early 1900s by a group of Ocala businessmen. 
  • Just south of Hickory Island is Jubb's Island, named after George Jubb.
Website Builder provided by  Vistaprint
MapQuest Terms and Conditions Maps/Directions are informational only. User assumes all risk of use. MapQuest, Vistaprint, and their suppliers make no representations or warranties about content, road conditions, route usability, or speed.